Friday, April 18, 2014

Adrift beside an azure sea...

I am, once again, somewhere else, something that will not entirely surprise my regular readers. So, this week, I thought that I would take a leaf out of Jennie's book, and take the blog out of its usual rural comfort zone.

There is a temptation, when blogging, to react to an agenda set by our increasingly useless, vapid national media. And, given their ineptitude, fecklessness and tendency to hunt in packs, it all begins to feel a bit circular. However, I have a week of enforced relative idleness to look forward to, so perhaps I should take the opportunity to give my intellect a gentle run out.

That sounds a little arrogant, put like that. Perhaps a better way of putting it is to use the opportunity to reflect on the world and to offer some thoughts about it. Our busy lives don't always allow for that reflection - mine often doesn't - and I have tremendous admiration for those who seem to have more time and the skill to take advantage.

I have a cold beer, and some madrigals, so...

No comments: