Tuesday, September 22, 2015

@ALDEParty Bureau Election 2015 - time to declare our candidate, methinks...

It is occasionally easy to forget that seven years ago, Ros and I were in the midst of the incredible campaign that culminated in Ros's glorious victory in the contest for the Party Presidency. And so, it seems appropriate to come to Bournemouth to announce the start of a new campaign.

In November, the Congress of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe takes place in Budapest, and culminates in the election of a new President and five, possibly six, Vice Presidents. And, with Graham Watson standing down from the Presidency, the Party have decided to nominate a candidate for a Vice Presidential position.

It is with some pleasure that I can reveal that, subject to the endorsement of Tim Farron (and I'm not expecting him to let me down here...), the Party will be proposing Ros to be our candidate. I've already dug out an 'I'm 4 Ros' badge, and changed my avatar - you may have noticed that and wondered why - and we'll be producing badges and campaign material over the coming weeks in anticipation.

So, if you saw us in the Marriott Highcliff and wondered where we've been, now you know. And, if you kept your badge from seven years ago, and are planning to be in Budapest, you might want to have a rummage when you get home...

No comments: