Sunday, September 06, 2015

#busride - Creeting St Peter to Diss via Stowmarket, courtesy of Suffolk Links and @greateranglia

So, my Suffolk Links service was there for me, at the end of The Lane, and I was soon deposited at Stowmarket Station, where I purchased my £4.70 single ticket (with Annual Gold Card discount!) for the twelve minute journey to Diss.

The 09:55 to Norwich, calling at
Diss, is on time!
Good news to start with, in that the train is on time. Admittedly, this is not always the case - the 07.55 service to Norwich on a weekday always seems to be late if my experience at the level crossing by the station is any guide - so you learn not to be too presumptuous, especially when your connection from the train is a tight one. But, nonetheless, time to buy a newspaper and wait.

Sure enough, in comes the train, I get on and am whisked to Diss, from where I have twenty-two minutes to get to the bus station. According to Google Maps, it's a nineteen minute walk, and I'm not as quick across the ground as I used to be.

But, slightly breathless, I make my way up Victoria Road, noting the heavy traffic as it crawls along ("People want to come here?", he asks, with dis(s)tain) but find the bus station, with a friendly bus waiting for me. Time to ride the bus...

No comments: